Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What I have learned

I haven’t written an entry in a while and honestly it is mostly due to the fact that I feel that no one really is paying any attention, but things that I have read recently and the dialogue and actions that are going on around the country in regards to abortion are amazing and more than I have ever seen before and have encouraged me to get back to what I began.
In addition to all the media information on the abortion debate, I have been reading the Bible. Not a stretch for me if you know me, but I have decided to read the entire Bible this year. It’s something I haven’t done in probably about 10 years and I am learning so much more than I have. The major thing that seems relevant to me right now is the fallen civilizations. Every civilization that procured God’s judgment and subsequent destruction had one of three things in common - they turned away from God (or never acknowledged Him in the first place), practiced deviant sexual behavior and/or performed child sacrifice in honor of their ’gods’. These civilizations were destroyed based on the fact that they either took God out of their daily discussions, actions and social interactions, turned away from God’s plan for sex (one man with one woman in the bonds of marriage) and/or killed their infant sons and daughters (this they did by burning them alive). Sadly, our country has all three of those things going on all at the same time. We are taking God out of everything, sex has become a free-for-all and we are taking the lives of our infant children in the thousands every day. This is why I am writing this blog. It is vitally important that we stand up for those children, that we keep God in our daily conversations without apology and stand up for marriage. I am trying to do all three of those things as much as I can and though I have backed down on the abortion discussion, I am going to do what I can to educate others on what abortion is and does and hope that, even if this isn’t our ‘passion, you will stand with me and fight for our country and our people. In the next month, I will be detailing abortion procedures. I encourage you to prepare yourself and read these blog entries. Reading about these procedures is what changed my perspective on the whole issue and made me want to fight even harder to make sure everyone has an informed decision. Whether abortion is made illegal or stays legal, I would love to see that fact being irrelevant and have woman stand up and fight for their own children. One thing that will change things is the words we use. We always say ‘baby-to-be’, ‘mommy-to-be’, ‘I am going to have a baby’, ‘He’s going to be a big brother’ etc. That ‘to-be’ makes the developing child seem like it’s not a baby yet and therefore is expendable until birth. We no longer refer to a woman as 'with child'.  But they are. Woman become mothers at conception. We need to believe that for things to start to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment